My heart is heavy for so many dear people today. I find it interesting--that the Lord has had Jeremiah 29:11 on my heart the last few days before I knew all that this weekend would bring.
We have friends that have lost the second of their twin babies this weekend. Not only are they dealing with the loss of another precious little one, but they are also concerned about Mama's health. Having not lost a child of my own but watching Joshua and Crystal mourn the loss (and our whole family) of two babies themselves, my heart aches for them...I cannot imagine. I am blessed by their testimony in the midst of this storm, and I know they have a God who will lovingly, tenderly carry them through.
Other friends have a teenage son who collapsed a week ago and is still in the ICU. Although they have had good signs, there is still uncertainty as they begin to wean him off of a ventilator.
Dear friends face the loss of a mother, grandmother, great grandmother. They wait to see what the Lord has for this loved one when doctors have expressed little earthly hope.
A former co-worker is watching her husband struggle through chemo treatments in hopes of treating his cancer.
BUT not only has the Lord laid the truths of Jeremiah 29:11 on my heart, He also worked through the words of our sermon this morning in church. We are studying Ruth---Finding Hope in a God that Provides! At the beginning of Ruth, she was truly, in what many (even Naomi), would consider a HOPELESS situation. Ruth, even without a godly heritage, knew that the God of Israel was a God of faithfulness...a God of promises...a God that provides. I'm glad that we sorrow, not as those that have no hope...because we KNOW OUR GOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment